My Hair Regimen:
Sunday Afternoons are Wash Days:
Prepoo/Hot Oil Treatment: With water, extra virgin olive oil (evoo) and conditioner (any conditioner in my collection) and I put on a shower cap and let my hair sit for 30 mins. I do this on all wash days.
Shampoo: I only shampoo when I feel as though I have build up so, 0-2 times a month. I shampoo with Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Baobab Thickening Shampoo or Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo
Deep Condition: I deep condition every time I shampoo so I would skip cowashing on these days. Sometimes I will just deep condition if I feel as though I need it. I deep condition 1-2 times a month. I deep conditioner with Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Pak Deep Conditioner ( I use 2 packs).
I cowash my hair when I do not shampoo or deep condition my hair. I still prepoo/hot oil treat my hair before a cowash.
a) When my hair is very dry: I co wash with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner
b) When my hair is dry: I co wash with Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Conditioner
c) When my hair is normal: I co wash with Tresemme Naturals Conditioner
After my hair is washed I gently pressed out the excess water with an old shirt. I usually let my hair air dry for 30- 60 mins.
This is how I moisturize my hair after I wash it:
1. Spray hair lightly with water or Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist
2. Apply Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner or Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
3. Apply Extra Virgin Olive Oil to seal in moisture.
Now I put 20-30 2 strand twists in my hair. I detangle with my hands, a wide tooth comb, or denman brush. I then wrap my hair with a satin scarf and put on my satin bonnet then off to bed!
In the mornings, I spray Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist I apply gel or Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque to my edges and I wrap a scarf around my edges for 30 mins.
Then I unwrap my scarf and either put on a wig cap, then a half wig and a head band OR I carefully undo my twists, with oil, separate, fluff and put my hair into an afro puff or bun.
This is how I moisturize my hair Monday-Saturday in the afternoons/evenings.
1. When my hair is very dry: spray with water, apply creamy moisturizer, put on shower cap, leave on for 1 hour then seal with evoo.
2. When my hair is dry: in a spray bottle I mix everything from (1.) and spray it on my hair, put on shower cap, leave on for 30 mins then apply evoo.
3. When my hair is normal: spray my hair with water, put on shower cap, leave on for 15 mins., then apply oil.
I trim whenever I see a lot of shedding, breakage and knots. I put 20-25 2 strand twists in my hair and use Conair scissors to snip any of my ends that look damaged.
Here is my old regimen, https://sunlightbeauty.wordpress.com/2012/01/29/natural-hair-regime-sample/ for when I was wearing cornrows with extensions as a protective style. What is your hair regimen? Is your hair regimen as complicated as mine? What are your favorite products to use on your hair?