For me being dark skin and having very oily skin, it can be very hard to find a foundation that is the perfect match for my skin. I have a few foundations in my collection that I can wear but they are not a perfect match. On my journey to find the perfect liquid foundation I stumbled across Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation Combination/Oily Skin in Mahogany. In this post I will tell you my opinion on this foundation in a pros and cons format. As a reference point, depending on the time of year, I am the shade MAC NW47 and Makeup Forever Face and Body #48. Also, like many women of color the center of my face is lighter than the perimeter of my face. So, I look best when I use two different color foundations on my face and blended seamlessly. For daily makeup application I tend to use one foundation color on my entire face and neck. In the picture above I am wearing a full face of makeup with Revlon Colorstay Mahogany as my foundation on my entire face.
- buildable coverage, can be medium to full coverage
- can be worn as sheer coverage if mixed with moisturizer
- great for covering small sections of the face or just dark spots
- leaves skin matte (my favorite part)
- rarely needed to blot or powder my face
- very long lasting (I wore it for 12 hours not 24 hours but it still looked great!)
- affordable ( I got mine on sale for $10)
- accessible (you can find it at drugstores and online)
- mixes well with other foundations
- perfect for an evening look
- looks great/flawless with a full face of makeup
- covers stretch marks and dark spots very well
- the color was not a perfect match for my skin tone but it was wearable (however due to my discoloration in my face not many foundations have the perfect color match for me)
Overall, I do like Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation in Mahogany. It is great for my oily skin, it is affordable and looks flawless. I wish that the color matched me a little better but with concealer, highlighter, bronzer, blush and face powder the subtle color difference from the foundation and my skin is not very noticeable in my opinion. Have you tried this foundation? What are your thoughts?