(Me!! with a full face!)
For some reason I feel like I need more time to get ready in the morning. When I wake up for work I try to do my makeup in less than 30 minutes and I sometimes forget to apply at least one product. Getting ready to go out on a date or going to the mall is always hard for me because I am thinking about so many things. What to wear? When will the train leave? How much money should I bring? I inevitably will skip a step on my makeup routine due to my brain being on overload.
When I skip a step or a product it doesn’t tremendously alter the look or wear of my makeup but, I have so much makeup and I watch so many make-up tutorials that I feel as though I am doing myself and my wallet an injustice if I do not complete my entire look with all the products needed.
Thus, I have created a Skin-Care & Make-up Check-list so that I will never forget a step. I hope you guys find this useful in developing your personal routine.
- Wash face with a gentle soap
- Wash face with acne cleanser (use facial sponge for light exfoliation)
- Exfoliate twice a week before using acne cleanser
- Use blackhead strips every 2-3 days
- On the weekends exfoliate, use a facial mask and frozen cucumber pads
- Always pat skin dry
- Use a toner on face
- Apply eye gel to eye area
- Use acne lotion on face
- Apply a pore minimizing lotion or primer
- Apply lotion to body, deodorant, bodymist/perfume
- Fill & Shape eyebrows
- Apply eye makeup
- Apply eyeliner (wing optional)
- Apply mascara (2 coats of lengthening mascara, 2 coats of a volume mascara)
- Fake eye lashes (optional)
- Apply foundation to face and neck,(Tinted moisturizer, liquid/pressed foundation or mouse w/ powder on top or set with setting spray
- Apply concealer
- Contour face
- Apply blush
- Apply highlight under the eye, above middle of eyebrows, middle of the nose
- Line lips
- Apply lipstick/lip color/ lip gloss
- Spray a setting spray on your face.