I have been wearing my hair like this for a couple of weeks now as a protective style. I am still trying to figure out if I want to do cornrows or tree braids. In the picture above I have my hair in a very simple bun. This is how I did it..
1. Wash, condition and deep condition hair. (I use One n’ Only products)
2. Blow dry hair.
3. Flat iron hair. (optional, depending on your curl pattern and length)
4. Moisturize hair. (I use Profectiv or Palmers products)
5. Put your hair in a ponytail. Section the ends of your hair in 4-6 separate pieces and do a 2-strand twist on each piece.
6. Wrap your hair for 30mins or overnight.
7. Unwrap hair and untwist ends.
8. Wrap your ends around the base of your ponytail. Use bobby pins to secure.
9. Spray an oil sheen all over your head. (I use Olive Oil Sheen Spray)
Now you have a beautiful simple bun that you can keep for a couple of days or even a week!
If your hair is not long enough to achieve a big bun. Add some Marley or regular synthetic hair to bulk it up. There are a lot of YouTube tutorials on how to add fake hair to a bun.
My Makeup (In the picture above)
1.Penciled and shaped eyebrows with an off-brand dark brown pencil from Walgreens.
2. Used my Mac concealer (Mac Select Moisture Cover (NW45) to clean up the edges of my eyebrows and put some under my eyes.
3. Applied Tiki shadow from Mark to my eyelids. (I am a .mark rep sfofana.mymarkstore.com)
4. Applied Maybelline Falsies Mascara.
5. Lined my lashline with my CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner (Black Onyx).
6. Applied Cover Girl Queen Collection Natural Hue Compact Foundation all over my face.
7. Applied Wet n Wild 832E Heather Silk blush on my cheeks
8. Applied NYC Plum Rum to my lips and used a light pink lip gloss from Forever21.