I am a Mac foundation, powder and concealer snob. I believe that Mac has the best foundations for women with dark skin tones. There really aren’t that many brands that can compete, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t any honorable mentions.
Covergirl Queen Collection Natural Hue Compact Foundation is the first drugstore foundation that I have ever used and I am more or less satisfied with it. The color that I selected is not an exact match but it’s not completely off. I have to blend it into my skin thoroughly or else it leaves streak marks across my face. However, I do like the finish that it gives. The foundation does not look caked on, it pretty much looks natural. It leaves my face with a little shine that almost makes my skin look like its glowing.
Overall I like this foundation. Nothing will ever replace my Mac foundations but Covergirl Queen Collection Natural Hue Compact Foundation is something I plan to use often primarily under my eyes because I love how the foundation glows on my skin. The foundation is also good to travel with and really handy for quick touch-ups.
Covergirl Queen Collection Natural Hue Compact Foundation is reasonably priced and is a decent foundation for women with darker skin tones. I would suggest trying it.
Even though I still believe nothing will ever replace my Mac foundations, Covergirl Queen Collection Natural Hue Compact Foundation is definitely a honorable mention.
On My Face:
- Tinted Moisturizer (I made with Mac liquid foundation) underneath Covergirl Queen Collection Natural Hue Compact Foundation
- Applied Mac Select Moisture Cover (NW45) underneath my eyes, above my lips and on my nose
- Lightly penciled in my eyebrows with an off brand dark brown pencil from Walgreens, (I can’t remember the brand name)
- Middle Color of Wet n Wild’s On Cloud Nine 3 shade color palette.
- Mark’s Tiki eyeshadow on top of the Wet n Wild Color. Tiki is a shimmery brownish color. I am a Mark rep so if you like the color, click here sfofana.mymarkstore.com
- I lined my lashline and waterline with CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner (Black Onyx)
- Applied Maybeline Falsies Mascara.
- I used NYC (Plum Rum) lipstick